Mancherial is a city and a municipality in Adilabad district in the Indian state of Telangana. Mancherial is a commercial hub catering to the coal belt of Singareni colleries. Hospitals and nursing homes in the town in both the private and Government sector cater to a wide area and diverse population, including miners, tribals and farmers from the surrounding areas. Visiting specialists from Hyderabad, Karimnagar and Warangal serve the area well.
As of 2011 India census, Mancherial had a population of 163,552. The male population of which is 83,799 while female population is 79,753. Mancherial has an average literacy rate of 74.38%, which is lower than National Urban average of 85 %. male literacy is 81.78%, and female literacy is 66.65% in Mancherial, The children (0-6 age) populationis around 8.68 % of total Mancherial population which is lower than National Urban average of 10.93 %.
Facts about Mancherial
- Mancherial was previously known as “GARMILLA”.
- Mancherial is the first biggest and commercial city in Adilabad district.
- Mancherial is a commercial hub catering to the coal belt of Singareni collieries.
- A cement plant earlier the ACC ltd., and know it is called MCC (Mancherial Cement Company)
- It is located on the north bank of the Godavari river.
- it is on the main north south railway route from Delhi to Chennai. the major junctions up north are the wardha in maharashtra and kazipet to the south.
- it’s proximity to the rich cement minerals and the coal mines fules the economy, which offsets the rampant poverty in the general adilabad area and the accompanying naxellite problem.
- it used to have a government-run high school and a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh-run Saraswathi Sishu Mandir schools (both taught in Telugu), apart from R.B.H.V high school(both hindi and english media)and Carmel Convent High School (taught in English)Seven Hills High Schoo (English Medium)urdu high school also runed by urdu education society. by name madeen tul uloom .mancherial have total 8 masjid (prayer hall)amoung them Jama Masjid is a Big masjid and Masjid a Arfath is Second biggest masjid i.e. in Islampura
Road Transport: Mancherial is well connected by road from various major parts of India like Adilabad, Karimnagar, Warangal, Nizamabad, Hyderabad, Guntur, Vijayawada, Nagpur, Shirdi. NH-16(Nizamabad to Jagadalpur) passes through Mancherial City.
Rail Transport: Mancherail railway station is located on the one of the biggest railway line in India (New Delhi-Chennai ). It is well connected by rail from various metro cities in India.
Air Transport: Nearest Airport to the Mancherail is Hyderabad International airport Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (250km by road, 3hrs of journey by train(AP Exp). There is also one proposal to construct new airport at Basanthnagar(Ramagundam) which is 20-30 km from Mancherial City. Once it is operational, it could be the nearest airport.
Highest people speaking language is Telugu. Hindi, English and Gujarati are used in business operations. Its is an industrial area.